Reading Day: Help is on the Way!

NHS members Margaux Walker and David Franco signing up to tutor.

Ah, midterms. Midterms could potentially be the most dreaded time of year. And while midterms are certainly a drag (exams day after day and studying night after night), you don’t have to go through them alone. Tomorrow, Friday, December 9th, the regular “Friday Schedule” will become a “Reading Day.” On Reading Day, students may travel from classroom to classroom seeking extra help. Either teachers will stay posted in their classroom throughout the day awaiting questions, or they may have designated times for each class to visit. The purpose of Reading Day is to allow students to study on their own in the library (or around campus), while also having the opportunity to approach their teachers with specific questions regarding the exam. Furthermore, if a student would rather learn from one of their peers, members of the National Honor Society will be available for tutoring outside the second floor of the Franco Center. The tutors will be available to explain concepts from the five core subjects: math, science, English, foreign language, and history. Therefore, if you need any help, don’t be shy… Come find members of the National Honor Society to help make your midterm experience more enjoyable.