Dance Game On!

Phew! Ms. Kelly’s reminder worked. The dance is on!

UPDATE – Wednesday, 10/12 — Ms. Kelly, Student Government Advisor, has just confirmed that there were enough last minute forms submitted that the dance will, indeed, take place this coming Saturday night.   Seniors voted for their Homecoming court after the volleyball match on Tuesday afternoon.  Homecoming King and Queen, along with the winner of the Homecoming trophy, will all be announced at the dance this Saturday night.

Homecoming Concerns (by Ian Zigel):

As many of us know (hopefully most of us), the homecoming dance is this Saturday, October 15th. In order to attend, students must submit all of their forms (which can be found on the student government Faceboook group) and $75 to Student Government by this Tuesday.

However, not a lot of people have turned in their forms yet. The Spartacus reached out to Ms. Kelly for comment:

“On the one hand, I’ve been doing this for a while now and I know that kids usually wait until the last very possible second to buy their tickets and bring in their forms. Last year I think we sold 90% of the tickets on the day of the deadline. That said, this year is different because not only do we not have school on Wednesday, but this storm taking us out of school keeps us from seeing students to remind them.”

Hurricane Matthew, having been the cause of school being canceled today and tomorrow, seems to be preventing ticket sales. The Spartacus reminds students that they have Monday and Tuesday to turn in their forms.