This Week in Spartan Sports

Come Out to Cheer!

Photograph by KSD

Lady Spartans taking it easy.

By Sofia Paredes, Writer & Campus News Editor

There is a lot to be “red” about! Today, Thursday, the action is here and away. The Boys Varsity Basketball team will travel to Westminster Academy to play in the Regional Semifinals at 7pm. The Girls Varsity Lacrosse team will travel to Gulliver at 4pm for a district game and boys Varsity Lacrosse will travel to Palmetto High School at 4pm. Meanwhile, the Varsity Baseball Team will host a pre-season tournament at 4/7pm. The Girls Varsity Water Polo Team will host Hialeah High School at 5 PM and the boys will host their boys’ team at 6 PM. The Boys and Girls Middle School Tennis Teams will also host Divine Savior at 3pm.

Earlier in the week, the Girls Varsity Basketball Team qualified for the state semifinals after beating Westminster Academy 68-36.Koi Love led the way with 20 points, 20 rebounds, 2 blocks, and 2 steals, Karina Gordon had 16 points, Maria Alvarez added 10 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 steals, and Sydney Shaw had 10 points, 11 rebounds, 6 assists, and 3 steals.  This game contributed to the team’s impressive 24 wins this season. Additionally, they were only defeated once this entire season. The girls will travel to Lakeland to play P.K. Young next Wednesday, February 27, for the state semifinals. If they win on Wednesday the 27th in Lakeland, they will go on to the Finals for the 7th consecutive year.