SPARTAN ATHLETES: FALL & WINTER SPORTS START NEXT WEEK!

Practice and Tryouts for Some Begin Monday July 29

Although the new academics surrounding the upcoming school year may be the last thing on your mind right now as you enjoy your summer, it is almost time for the start of the athletic year! For fall and winter athletes, practice may be sooner than you think.

Athletic Director Chuck Sennett encourages our students to join a sports team. “I am very excited about the start of the 2019 Fall sports seasons.  Last year was one of the most successful in the history of the school...[so] I am extremely excited and optimistic about our returning student-athletes and the potential of our Middle School, Junior Varsity and Varsity teams for the 2019-2020 season.  As the great Babe Ruth once said: The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.’”

First, before you dive into practice and use the opportunities MCDS offers you in order to prepare to be the best athlete, all students must have a completed physical and all proper FFHSAA paperwork (EL2 and EL3 forms) uploaded electronically to Magnus Health, accessed from your ‘My Country Day’ account. For any questions regarding these forms, contact the Athletic Directors: Michelle Cordero at [email protected] or Anthony Reyes at [email protected]

Photograph by openistudio

MARK YOUR CALENDARS

For information on the first day of practice for each fall and winter Junior Varsity and Varsity sports, see below:

Boys and Girls Cross Country

Varsity Cross Country is for student-athletes in grades 6-12.  Practice will begin on Monday, July 29.  Please contact Mr. Chris Hayes at [email protected] or the athletic office at 305-779-7250 for more information.

Varsity Football

Varsity Football is for student-athletes in grades 9-12.  Practice will begin on Monday, August 12.  Please contact Mr. Chris Polite at [email protected] or the athletic office at 305-779-7250 for more information.

Boys and Girls Varsity Golf

Varsity Golf is for student-athletes in grades 6-12.  Tryouts will begin on Monday, August 5 at the Miami Shores Country Club.  Please contact Mr. Bryan Parizo at [email protected] or the athletic office at 305-779-7250   for more information.

Boys and Girls Swimming

Varsity Swimming is for student-athletes in grades 6-12.  Practice will begin on Monday, August 12.  Please contact Mr. Eric Scheingoltz at [email protected] or the athletic office at 305-779-7250 for more information.

Girls Middle School Volleyball

Middle School Volleyball is for student-athletes in grades 6-8.  Tryouts will begin on Monday, August 5.  Please contact Mr. Ochiel Swaby at [email protected] Mrs. Valerie Martinez at [email protected] or the athletic office at 305-779-7250 for more information.

Girls Junior Varsity Volleyball

Junior Varsity Volleyball is for student-athletes in grades 8-10.  Tryouts will begin on Monday, July 29.  Please contact Joseph Hernandez at [email protected] or the athletic office at 305-779-7250 for more information.

Girls Varsity Volleyball

Varsity Volleyball is for student-athletes in grades 9-12.  Tryouts will begin on Monday, July 29.  Please contact Mr. Eric Rivera at [email protected] or the athletic office at 305-779-7250 for more information.