Pacific Tiger and Brandeis Judge: Two Spartan Athletes Signed to College

Photograph by Class of 2021

We wish these two student athlete best of luck playing collegiate sports.

This past Wednesday, February 24, senior athletes Christopher Capote and Riccardo Di Giuseppe put pen to paper and signed their letters of intent to Brandeis University and University of the Pacific, respectively. Both of them had exceptional careers at MCDS, both as goalies. 

Ricky has been on the varsity water polo team since 8th grade and has improved immensely after not much experience in the water before. His most memorable moment came against Miami Beach Senior High, where he recorded a career-high 25 saves, in a 7-6 win. Ricky thanks his parents for always believing in his work ethic and passion for water polo. Also, he would like to thank his coaches, Mr. Fallik and Coach Alain Guillen. They were the ones who introduced him to the sport and pushed him to be better every day in practice. 

Pacific has long had one of the best men’s water polo teams in the nation. Ricky plans to train hard to get a starting spot, keeping up with his studies in college and fighting for the National Championship next year. He also has a long-term dream of playing for the Olympic team in the upcoming years. 

Chris has been a part of the Varsity Soccer team for four years. As the starting goalkeeper for the last two years, he has taken a leadership role on the team and has taken the team to new heights. Coach Watson, the varsity soccer coach, had this to say about Chris, “having Chris in goal takes a big burden off the rest of the team, just knowing he is in goal, they are able to play a more open and attacking game”. Chris says his most memorable moment as a Spartan was his freshman year in the Regional Semifinal game where he saved an early penalty kick, one of his 10+ saves, as he led the team to a 2-1 win. With such a great high school career, Chris is excited to see how he will fare at the collegiate level. 

Both of these athletes represent MCDS perfectly as their hard work on the field and off of it have led them to pursue their dreams as collegiate athletes. 

While you might be Tigers and  Judges, you’ll always be Spartans to us!